It may not be fair, but nothing says “awkward teen” quite like a mouth full of braces and rubber bands. Why did people wear them for so long? Because they were better than having crooked, misaligned teeth. Looking that bad was worth it because you would eventually look good. Besides, crooked teeth are more than just cosmetic dentistry or orthodontic issues. If your teeth are not where they belong, more food can get stuck there. It can also be harder to clean properly. Both mean a higher risk of cavities and gum disease.
Thankfully, you don’t have to get metal braces to fix your smile. You’ve probably heard about “invisible braces,” right? That’s exactly what we offer at our Medford, OR dental office: Invisalign. This uses a series of clear plastic trays, or aligners, that slowly but surely move your teeth to where they need to be. They’re custom made for you, so you get orthodontics to work specifically on your teeth.
Why Invisalign Can Be Better For You
But hey, technology always changes. Just because it’s modern doesn’t mean it’s better. Invisalign reviews consistently show how patients love these “invisalign braces,” but here are six reasons you should choose Invisalign instead of traditional metal braces.
- It’s over in much less time. In the old days, metal braces had to sit on your teeth for two to three years. That means up to three years of dealing with food stuck in the metal, rubber bands breaking in your mouth, and metal cutting the inside of your cheeks. Who wants that when you can use Invisalign and get it done in as little as six months? Invisalign also needs fewer visits, so you also spend less time overall in the dentist’s office. Don’t get us wrong, we love having you here! But we want to respect your schedule and give you more time to spend with your family.
- There’s no ugly metal or rubber bands. You know what metal braces would look like in your mouth. So many of your teeth covered in dull, silvery metal. Plain or even multicolored rubber bands crisscrossing your smile. And if you’re older, you’re going to look young, and not in the fun way. You’ll look immature and odd. With Invisalign, you get clear plastic aligners that are not stuck to your teeth. You can take them out when needed, and even when you wear them, they are very hard to notice. You can get the smile you deserve without the embarrassment.
- It’s safer for your mouth. All of that metal can occasionally catch on or chafe the inside of your mouth. When you are finally done with metal braces, you could be left with small scars inside of your cheeks. And because these braces have to be stuck to your teeth, the area of the tooth underneath the brackets can look stained once the braces are finally removed. The clear plastic aligners used with Invisalign cannot stain your teeth. They’re clear! Besides, they will not get stuck or poke at any part of your gums, cheeks, or lips.
- They’re easy to clean — no stuck food. With braces, food always gets stuck around the metal bits. Even with something like a water pick, you’re going to have small amounts of your food getting stuck in your mouth. That’s exactly what harmful bacteria love, and your chance of getting tooth decay and gum disease skyrockets. Invisalign can be taken out of your mouth, making the aligners so easy to clean. If there’s any food stuck to them, you can quickly wash it out. Plus, you can brush and floss your teeth like normal, getting rid of anything stuck there, too.
- You can eat whatever you want. Speaking of food, there is a long list of food that you just can’t eat when you are wearing metal braces. Sure, some of this list includes stuff you rarely eat anyway, like taffy, peanut brittle, and ice cubes. But if you have traditional braces, say goodbye to apples, gum, chicken wings, ribs, pickles, and even popcorn. No movie popcorn? Nope. With Invisalign, you can always take the clear plastic aligners out while you eat, then pop them back in.
- They make your smile look great. At the end of the day, what you want is to get your crooked teeth back to where they belong. The whole point is to get a beautiful smile. Metal braces can help with that, but Invisalign can also get your teeth where they should be. And because they can do so with less discomfort, time, and problems, why not choose Invisalign?
Less Time, More Attractive, And Easier For You
With having to spend less time for great results, and without that embarrassing “brace face,” it’s not hard to see why Invisalign can work for you. To learn more about how Invisalign can help fix your smile, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Vareldzis, call us today at 541-930-8036. There’s no need to be embarrassed by crooked teeth, and thanks to Invisalign, there’s no need to be embarrassed about the solution, either.